Monday, October 24, 2005

Job 13&14; Acts 17&18

Today is Monday of the week I am going to LA and what do I feel ...EXCITED!!
Talking w/.........about her journey what do I feel....EXCITED
Going to have to talk to .... today about ...... I am feeling....fearful and insecure and in that /those feelings I hear...."insecurity is SELF righteousness" so I am going to just be praying and looking to YOU to break ME, prepare me to be about her, about Christ....and I could so use that in dealing ........well Father...not about ME.....about them and YOU.....
Considering others ALL others as better than yourself....
Why do I struggle against that so hard PRIDE..PRIDE and Self Righteousness....it's so ugly and deep Father, I am sure deeper than I even guess or imagine or operate at knowing .....I just pray to be soft and open and humble as You DO reveal it to me......knowing that YOU know my heart better than I do and in spite of it I am loved.....
Your Son died knowing ALL.....
Reading in Job and hearing his friends challenge him and while there is truth, much truth in what they say. They don't know that God said.... 8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."
We can't know another man's heart or God's. When we speak and offer advice it is only in what we know. So what do I do? Do I offer advice? Do I challenge?? Do I sympathize? Do I just listen?? Listen and PRAY....but ......what's wrong w/pointing them to God? Pointing them to Christ?? Am I just supposed to LISTEN w/ no agenda....can I listen and LISTEN TO YOU at the same time and trust THAT?? You've got a plan and I guess the sooner I adopt YOURS the better off we all are, me and those that I interact with .......

Acts 19: 32 The assembly was in confusion: Some were shouting one thing, some another. Most of the people did not even know why they were there....How often NOW does that happen? People not knowing WHY they are there?? Especially in heated arguments....hmm and when we don't get heated it's not about us?? I guess like Roy's saying we don't have to defend the truth, in defensiveness is heat.......???

Acts 20: 19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews..... 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood..... 31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.... 35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "
36When he had said this, he knelt down with all of them and prayed. 37 They all wept as they embraced him and kissed him.


So it's about softness and humility and tears. It's about Jesus and faith in Him. It's about knowing what you are supposed to do and in faith and humility stepping out and doing it. It's about LISTENING and praying for them . It's about .. 35In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "...Treating others all others as better than myself and knowing that He's told you what to do and I have to choose to do it.....

2 comments:

so i go said...

mmm..love that last sentence. well, the whole thing really, but especially that last sentence.

Melissa said...

Have so much in LA!