Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Deut. 25-27; Galatians 5

Are we going....are we not??
Do we have enough vehicles....do we not??
Do we have a place to stay....do we not???

It is impossible for that man to despair who remembers that his Helper is omnipotent.-- Jeremy Taylor....
my Heartlight quote for the morning. I wish I could tell you that I am just patiently waiting to hear. That I am just confidently waiting for God to lead..........
wait a minute I can....I pretty much can...when did that happen??

Oh I still can whine and complain, I talk entirely too much... but in my heart of hearts I don't despair..... Whatever/however it works out I KNOW who's in charge, now the waiting sucks , but the ultimate answer.....as we DO all that we can DO to make it happen...the ultimate answer is YOURS.....and we have to operate in that...

Galatians 5: 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
The only thing that counts.......faith expressing itself through love....I am struggling to love......it just annoys me to rub against them.....what am I wanting from them? Why would I want anything from them, why can't I just love and serve them...but ...they are like sandpaper in my life.....perhaps the point is THEY are smoothing the edges off of me and my constant avoidance of contact will just delay the process and the process is 'faith expressing itself in love ' right??......comes back to that forgetting who's in charge yet again. Comes back to me wanting what I want again.....the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love....

Galatians 5: 13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other....

It's soooo all about love, there is no escaping it and my wanting it more than wanting to give it is never going to change. But in love, in being loved by YOU that's where I need to operate out of, the only place I can operate out of.....the alternative is not very attractive, the world/ ME/ just keeps on being about ITSELF and nothing changes.
I judge and 'feel' judged....
I exclude and then 'feel' excluded....
I withhold forgiveness and 'feel' unforgiven...
wow this shouldn't be so hard to figure out especially when you see it in black and white .....and yet how seldom do I look really look at it, at all of it...how seldom do I ask YOU to guide me and then wait to hear, wait to follow, wait to listen and follow.....

Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

So don't get discouraged.....don't quit....don't despair....God is in charge!!

4 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Of course you are confidently waiting...inside you know Him...the rest will work itself out. :) .....so, are you going?

Live by the Spirit, from the Spirit...you are FREE!!!
and there's no freer free than His free.

Sue said...

thank you, I needed that.

Danielle said...

Thank you for your honesty, yet again. Your posts serve as a reminder to where we're all at sometimes in journey.

so i go said...

"I judge and 'feel' judged....
I exclude and then 'feel' excluded....
I withhold forgiveness and 'feel' unforgiven..."

waaayyyy too much truth in those statements. ouch.

what a great reminder.