Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Main Entry: 2 commission Function: transitive verb Inflected Form(s): -mis·sioned; com·mis·sion·ing /-'mi-sh(&-)ni[ng]/1 : to furnish with a commission: as a : to confer a formal commission on .. b : to appoint or assign to a task or function 2 : to order to be made 3 : to put in commission

Dara was commissioned last nite in or by Mosaic.......to.......love on and minister to the people of Los Angelos.....I don't know ALL the technicalities of it I DO KNOW that my daughter has come to love Jesus and is dedicating her life to live as a Barbarian...and that means..........taken from BW website of ERM....."He has chosen the other-the less civilized one-following the path of Jesus in a passionate journey full of mystery, danger, and untamed faith.
In The Barbarian Way, McManus calls you to return to the ancient, primal, and dangerous faith of Jesus and His early disciples. Let go of a sanitized Christianity and get back to the powerful, raw and ancient faith that chooses revolution over compromise, peril over safety, and passion over lukewarm and watered-down religion.
Christ’s passion drove Him to the cross; the cross of Christ drives you to His passion. Take up the challenge of the “barbarian way,” and your life will never be the same. "

I have seen the changes in her and know that whatever happens she will never be the same.....she is following Christ and for that I am grateful.......
She was raised by ...... parents yearning to DO THE RIGHT THINGS but not knowing the right reasons, so she was raised in and with parameters arbitrarily set by us. We loved our kids the best we knew... but the thing is we didn't know how to love them unconditionally.....we had parameters and expectations and when those weren't met...well I can only speak for myself but I unintentionally withheld my love......that is hard for me to admit but I can now.......the journey to myself love Christ has meant looking at how much I NEEDED Him......looking at how I screwed up and instead of beating myself up continually and basically saying I 'can do better'.....I have to come to the cross and in that SEE and experience the love of God...a God who would send and sacrifice His Son for me... for any and all of us......I don't know how to write this.....It was supposed to be about my daughter, her story but it really is not mine to tell......She overcame much, she forgave us, herself and has in faith in Christ become a new person....We will always have to face who we are in order to experience the ridiculous GRACE of God and continue becoming who He desires us to be......Good Luck Dara......Keep on following Jesus.......love you MOM

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

I think you did a great job saying what you said. What a beautiufl thing to see: mother and daguhter both growing in grace, surrending to God, loving Christ. I'm excited for Dara, and for you too.

Bruce said...

Yay for Dara. Isn't it amazing how well our kids turn out in spite of us? God be with you both.

B~

Jada's Gigi said...

I LOVE this comment!! ...."We will always have to face who we are in order to experience the ridiculous GRACE of God and continue becoming who He desires us to be." Yay and AMEN!
I think your daughter sounds much like her mom.....apparently you done alright....oh yes, and God done good too! :) The steps of the righteous are orderd by the Lord...He redeems it all...

MaryAnn Mease said...

wow...
hey...
there is always hope..
i know the feeling that you state about parents yearning to do the right things but not knowing the right reasons...and all the parameters and measuring sticks...

it does take guts to look yourself in the mirror and see all the failures and then to look again and see the ridiculous amount of Grace He pours out and heals and leads us anyway...

you did a good job Mom...
i know i did too...not perfect...but we did LOVE them...