Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Question Monday (scratch that ) TUESDAY

Started to blog about 'stuff' that I am struggling with and then this question came up going to really have to think about this one myself......

Sometimes the reality of life is locked behind closed doors because we don’t want to struggle with it in public. We never hear people thanking God when we fail. In fact, many of us have learned to win well, but have never learned how to fail very well.

On the other hand it’s easy to praise God when everything is going great and we’re on top of the mountain. That’s when our talents are highlighted. However, what happens when you’re struggling with failure or persecution? It is when you are struggling in the depths of the valley that your spirit is revealed. And that’s what God wants to get to because that’s the reality of life. That’s where life is really lived, not on top of the mountain. Rather it is when we are struggling in the valleys.

Do you reveal a positive or negative spirit when faced with adversity?

8 comments:

rebecca said...

both..I am exposed for what I am then I am reminded of His Grace. Sometimes, I believe the adversity in our lives brings our impurities to the surface. The impurities He wants to drive out. On the mountain who needs God? In the valley, I realize how I desperately need Him.

becky

Bar L. said...

Excellent question and it ties right in with the devotional we had at work this morning!

I think I am more negative when it's something personal like a failure but more positive when its a tragedy, like my son's accident a few years back.

Sarah said...

Through all of my recent trials and tribulation I have learned to keep a blessings journal. Something or many things that God blesses me with. It helps me to stay positive and look for Him in all that happens, knowing that He is always there, always right in the midst of all of it with me. Footprints is one of my favorites.

Jada's Gigi said...

I was reading somewhere this am about trials revealing our needs or weaknesses...not for His knowledge(He alredy knows us :)) but for our knowledge. I also am convinced that trials bring forth the gold, the bedrock of Christ that I already know and trust....sooo with that in mind I say that in adversity...I often see both in myself....

lexi said...

can i say negative three times!!!

someday when i allow Christ to carry me through my crap instead of insisting to walk on my own i am convinced my reaction to trials will be positive. i'm looking forward to that divine piggy back ride in the near future but am still quite stubborn and insistant that i do it by myself today.

yeah, figure that one out...

Pixie said...

I would love to say that I stay strong and positive all of the time but I don't. I do try to thank God for trials, because He always gets me through them and I truly believe that we can't enjoy life truly without struggles.

I have been through so many trials that would make me question God that I have finally learned to trust Him and praise Him. I still have a lot of work to do.

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone can say that they always are postive. We have a flesh that is always battling God's ways. When your Faith is strong in a area you might have a postive spirit. On the other hand if you don't have strong faith in a area you will have a negative spirit. That's when you need to build those area that are negative.

Danielle said...

I would say that I am a big complainer. I take the book of Job way too seriously and just wail on an on to God when it hurts. I'm not proud of this...just being honest.