Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Proverbs 30 & 31; Psalm 33; Ephesians 1

Driving to work this morning I got a picture I wish I could draw.
We’re all broken and in that brokenness shards of our brokenness show or maybe doesn’t show but it’s out there….and in trying to get close to another broken person sometimes our shards just collide and we can’t or it hurts to do so.
My daughter says we’re all just broken people trying to figure it out. And then a friend sends me an email with the same sentiment or to me it fits with my visual…
hurt people, hurt people……











When I have this mindset, this heart focus I’m not on my brokenness…..not on my neediness, problem is I lose it……..I think that’s why He says to focus on Him, He knows ALL our brokenness and the bible says ‘works everything out for our good’ and if we’re following Him and not looking at our brokenness or each others (the whole judge not lest ye be judged) He can bring broken people together regardless of the shards of brokenness exposed……

“My life is in your hands, God. Use me to point someone toward you today-I promise to cooperate in any way I can. IF You want me to say a word for You today, I’ll do that. IF You want me to keep quiet but demonstrate love and servanthood, by Your Spirit’s power I will. I’m fully available to YOU today, so guide me by Your Spirit. “ Bill Hybels prayer
Psalm 33: 13 From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind;
14 from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth-
15 he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do.

He sees the hurts and the hurting……He watches and ……..

We pray……Ephesians 1: 15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20 which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I like that

becky

Bar L. said...

BJK, you are a huge, enormous blessing in my life. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here, every time i read them i think and feel something deep.