Friday, September 28, 2007

Zechariah 1 - 3; Luke 11

Jesus, lover of my soul
Jesus, hold me close, closer now to you
Jesus, he’s my friend


My me I….Jesus first brings us close and in THAT closeness whispers I love you and in that whisper we know or begin to guess or sense that.... it’s not about us or who we are or what we bring to the table and in that KNOWING we want everyone else to KNOW this love…….in the beginning it is about us, we are THAT selfish and to deny that or think we are above being THAT selfish…..we miss THAT chance to be close, really close….because there is much forgiveness in that admission. At least that’s what I’m thinking this morning……

Luke 11: 5 Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'
7"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.
9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.


Reading this this morning it’s like God knowing we are selfish enough to turn down our friends but …once we start looking at things differently and listening to something other than our own thoughts we DO things differently…..maybe?? To knock.....

2 comments:

Robert said...

*listening to other than our own thoughts* o yes becky praying seeking knocking fopr this and to hear Him with ears ready to hear praying for perseverance to do just that!!! trudge on my friend!!

karen said...

I love the cross on that door. . .