Thursday, November 08, 2007

Job 33; 1 Corinthians 1-3

to validate without needing validation
to encourage without needing encouragement
to love without needing love

I literally heard this yesterday or a variance of it as I was feeling sorry for myself needing validation, encouragement and love.
Learning and yearning to know what a life of service is like, for me this is a piece of it and maybe the whole thing.

The readings today speaks volumes and yet not what I want to hear, not what I can fully understand. But the understanding I do have, receive... this morning drives me to tears and further on. When really, to run away FEELS best. So my prayer today is for us who believe, who hear, who seek.... to be driven further on trusting Him and only Him.

1 Cor. 2: 12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

1 comment:

jennypo said...

Thanks, bjk. It is a relief to see my thoughts and longings and confusions all echoed on your blog - and the same knowledge underneath that the Eternal One is the answer to all of them. Even when I feel overwhelmed and wanting, if I am to be honest I must confess that He is truly enough. He stands beside me in my aching need. He is quietly there when wishes throng my heart and impatience stampedes through me. I hate my weakness, but it is here that I know deeply and with utter surety who is the God I love, and what kind of comfort He alone is able to give.

The love He gives doesn't leave us dependent and longing for return, as ours does. His love hurts just as deeply, but it doesn't waver or leave us wavering. It increases in the face of rejection and hurt. It puts its roots down deep and strengthens itself when the cold threatens it. We will love with God's love when we love God and receive love from him. Then - oh, we will hurt as only God can hurt, but we will rise to love more purely! We will know fellowship with Him who is Love - and that will make it all worthwhile.

"...trusting Him and only Him." Ah, yes. Here my heart, too, folds weary wings and finds rest.