Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Genesis 23-24; Luke 9

When you want to run….When you want to Hide….STOP and in the name of LOVE……
Don’t….

You’re just a loved sheep in His flock, in His care…….and oh how loved you are.

NIV Luke 9: 23 Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? 26 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. 27 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."
The Cost of Following Jesus
MSG Luke 9: 57 On the road someone asked if he could go along. "I'll go with you, wherever," he said.
58 Jesus was curt: "Are you ready to rough it? We're not staying in the best inns, you know."
Jesus said to another, "Follow me."
59He said, "Certainly, but first excuse me for a couple of days, please. I have to make arrangements for my father's funeral."
60 Jesus refused. "First things first. Your business is life, not death. And life is urgent: Announce God's kingdom!"
61 Then another said, "I'm ready to follow you, Master, but first excuse me while I get things straightened out at home."
62Jesus said, "No procrastination. No backward looks. You can't put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day."

To follow……like a well cared for sheep follow.

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

Sadly I often ask Jesus to wait for me while I do something else first so I can prepare myself to follow him. This reminded me how silly it is to do that. It also reminded me that I am loved.