Thursday, February 14, 2008

Leviticus 23 & 24; Psalm 24; Acts 21

Small Group last nite and it was tough. A good tough but tough nonetheless. I love the passion for Christ that B and S bring to the table, no civilized religion for them just an all out love for Him that makes them very intriguing, weird even…..hmm….I am beginning to LIKE weird.
Leviticus 23: 22 " 'When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.' " (not harvest ALL of it, THAT would just be weird)
Acts 21: 5 But when our time was up, we left and continued on our way. All the disciples and their wives and children accompanied us out of the city, and there on the beach we knelt to pray. (right there, right there on the beach and pray….OK now that’s just weird)
Acts 21: 13 Then Paul answered, "Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." (come on, ready to die for the name of Jesus, you gotta admit that’s weird)
You know I need these kinds of weird….I need to BE weirdly in love with a God I can’t see, touch or feel and in that love allow Him to make ME MORE LOVING….and in the more loving is…..it may be weird but I think it will let us influence more people in that weird love than in preaching or judging anyone else….
more weirdness at Eric's place....

1 comment:

Stephi said...

Awe, it's a good thing to be weird. I think it wouldn't be good not to be weird. I love it!!! ;) Love S