Friday, August 05, 2005

2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7

I wish I thought 'clearly'...I wish I expressed myself 'clearly'...I wish my passion had substance....

But you know what, I need to focus on granted prayer and pray that you will understand my story....

Yesterday I was crying out to God to 'do something'...to.... with my friends to 'do' what I hadn't been able to do...I wanted to talk about Him but I didn't know how, didn't know if I should given all my past mistakes and yet everything in me was crying out to somehow/someway....be able to have God in the midst of that/these relationships. ... And I guess I was admitting to Him I didn't even know what that looked like anymore......imagine that..I didn't know HOW or WHAT or.....I just WANTED......MORE of Him in that part of my life.

I showered and bawled like a baby, begging Him to do something, I promised on the drive there I would........well I heard, I swear I heard...
'so will you listen to me'....

I said I would, I would do anything......please....whatever...just DO SOMETHING...

We were having our margarita's as per usual and catching up with each other...I love these gals and yet we rarely now know what all is up in each other's lives and I guess especially over the summer what with vacations and the like. Anyway we are visiting and my daughter Dara comes up and shines (at least to me she did) ...they knew her before Christ and I KNOW they see her now w/Christ and see a difference and.... well to me she shines..... to them I know they see a softness....I don't know what else but there IS a difference....so she mentions her next venture an internship with a church in LA....of course God comes up....
cool....

Then this lady who was at the table next to us offers us her untouched margarita and in the course of the next 10-15 minutes this precious woman must have called on God , on Christ at least 5 times.
She was the mother of 6...a lawyer who homeschooled and waited tables, who had been married for 19 years and June 2 of this year...her husband just walked out and she started talking about coming out of the darkness, about how her FAITH and God had been meeting her in all that she was going through, about how she was writing a book and dreamt of speaking at a Woman of Faith conference...let's see how many references to God were made??....
very cool....

Then my friend Janis picks up a small sack she had had at her feet and begins to pass out ....What's So Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey ....a copy for each of us.....
(big dramatic pause)

I about passed out....of course I almost blew it to by 'talking too much' ....what who me???.....but praise God I stopped, I heard and listened...... and just sat there blown away by how HE works......I had driven there praying/crying out to Him and drove home singing YOU ARE AMAZING GOD and crying the happiest and most grateful tears.

So now....to stay grateful...awed....stunned.....in love.....

John 7: 30At this they tried to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his time had not yet come.

Timing......Yours.....always YOURS...You are amazing God!!!

3 comments:

MaryAnn Mease said...

isnt is just hilarious? i find it uproariously hilarious that you were stressing over how to bring up "Christ" to these lovely ladies...and in their own ways, in their own showers that morning they were wrestling with the SAME ISSUE?
and how relaxing the whole event can be when we let God drive.

How marvelous!

my friend Laura has an acquaintance that seems "seeker" but they arent going to church anywhere. Tammy was out of town for 3 weeks and they emailed each other. wierd thing was Tammy's emails only came thru in bits and pieces to Laura, everyone else she sent to got the WHOLE email.
after a few of these Laura wrote back something like "either you arent saying everything you want to tell me, or I am not listening well enough to hear what it is"
this started a LONG volley of emails about their God experiences and journeys full of mountain high faith and bonecrushing agony. amazing.
they would not have had the chance like that if she hadnt left town and emailed...it wouldnt have come up over coffee.....MAYBE margaritas??? LOL

glad your time with them went well.
its great to have SISTERS!

Gigi said...

Hilarious.....yeah that's the word!!!

No...marvelous is the better one!! Thanks

Melissa said...

Praise God, that Gave me chills!