Wednesday, August 17, 2005

RISK Everything........


I NEED to be told what and how to do something (at least that's what I have always believed and told myself).....
I am so scared Father a group of women who have been physically and sexually abused...what am I supposed to do in a group like that?

LISTEN

You know what I gotta at some point...stop...making everything about me....IF I am supposed to...I am following You....I am listening......trust You that it'll happen.....duh....


And speaking of NOT about me...tonite is worship and I want it to be about YOU and praising YOU and giving You all the glory......tonite is about YOU.......You are amazing God....You are amazing God.....
Indescribable......You give us hearts that desire You and we don't even KNOW it....
Uncontainable.....You made the seasons....SPRING SUMMER WINTER FALL
Indescribable....The journey, the coming to know YOU through Your Son, the amazing love and forgiveness as you do, the power in Your word when you listen and acquiese to it, to Your will
Uncontainable...The joy in the knowing of You, in the knowing you know less than you thought you knew, the forgiveness whenever you really look inside and see what You have seen all along
Indescribable.....Your closeness, Your availability, Your persistence, Your forgiveness, Your LOVE

I guess I am coming unstuck and how I wish it wasn't such a pattern for me....I wish...no I PRAY that I REST in the knowing and follow YOU......maybe stop wrestling for a bit....

Jeremiah 23:2...."Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them,.....loving someone where they are at...bestowing care on them......not my place to heal....heck what makes me think I am supposed to or that I could....my place is to bestow care on them.....trusting You with the healing...why does it always seem like such a new revelation....stiff necked pride that I think what I think and YOU are giving me a whole new heart and way to think???
Indescribable.....Jeremiah 23: 29 "Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces? ....Indescribable...YOUR word breaks my heart, breaks the chunk of what I think I know in my head into smaller chunks that drop in my heart for full knowing.....Your word the hammer, my heart, my stiff necked pride the rock....
Uncontainable...Jeremiah 24: 7 I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart....a new heart promised.....it IS happening remember to REST in knowing that.....I can know this because
John 19: 28Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." 29A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 30When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.


No comments: