Friday, September 02, 2005

Ezekiel 17-19; Revelation 7

I wake up in the middle of the nite and pray for those in NOLA suffering and specifically for Fish and Crys who are away and yet the suffering of the unknown ....so I pray and listen for what and where God wants me to go in this..I continue to hear 'RISK EVERYTHING' and praise God I hear it and yet not sure what or where or when.....so I PRAY.....

*I pray specific and bold prayers for those of us who know Christ to live in that knowing so we are rays of HOPE to those here, rolling around in fear of Gas prices and availablity and other $$ worries that apply to them . I pray we live so in love and being loved that we beam with THAT love and confidence without being overbearing so they can know that same hope is there for them. I pray we live this way now and for the rest of all time, a revival of sorts where we realize exactly what it is we have and our purpose to love people where they are at and trust God and RISK EVERYTHING to have others KNOW it...

*I pray for those in NOLA and here Father I have to trust the Holy Spirit...I pray YOUR WILL BE DONE and yet I cannot help but pray for comfort for those living in such conditions and yet why would I believe comfort is not YOUR will and that is the point isn't it, the point of praying in the Spirit that YOUR will be done and it is not mine to know or predict but to TRUST..

*I pray wisdom for our government especially our President, wisdom and perseverance and thick skin, a focus so firmly on YOU and YOUR will, him surrounded by Godly and wise counsel. I pray obedience for us as believers to not criticize him but to PRAY BOLD LOUD INSISTENT PRAYERS FOR HIM in his leadership no matter personal opinion. HE NEEDS OUR PRAYERS.....

It's a strange time you know the blogsphere allows to us to put our opinions out there and yet THIS is the time where we should be as Christians ignoring denominational lines and be of one mind praying and the only thing we can pray for unitedly is God's WILL, in faith God's WILL and us ready to follow it and be obedient in a myriad of ways....and if we have faith and faith here is that God will do what is right... ...as Christians shouldn't we know our influence?

Eze. 18: 25 "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear, O house of Israel: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 26 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die. 27 But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life. 28 Because he considers all the offenses he has committed and turns away from them, he will surely live; he will not die. 29 Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Are my ways unjust, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust? "
30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!
It's just always about turning to YOU....just.....how hard would it be in the midst of Katrina and yet that's .....that's what it seems.....I just pray for more and more people to turn to YOU and away from blame and violence......I just pray.....Curious Servant wrote to me the other day... Right. The all powerful creator simply stands at the door and waits for us. He can do anything, yet insists on us doing the choosing. Simply astounding.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your cries are my cries, I've been devistated, and telling God that if He wants me to go, that He just needs to tell me too...risking everything...am I ready?...yes and no! I totally agree that now more than ever we need to pray for the President, for each other, be examples, and pray that God's Will will be poured out in this situation! Profound and great thoughts...as always!