Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ezekiel 29-32; Revelation 11

Hey you know what skip mine and read this.....

Confusion reigns, the kind of confusion that keeps me deeply in the word and humble and hopefully teachable.....at least that's my dream.
My Grandaughter sang a song for me this weekend, she sings it all the time and the lyrics have just resonated with me....it's a kids song about David and it is so cute the way she sings it :

Davey Davey ...show me the way to go.
Davey Davey ...so Lord that you will know.
ah ooo, ah ooo
I want a heart that beats for YOU...

I'm sure it loses something in the translation here but when she sings it she yells this part.....I want a heart that beats for YOU!!
In my confusion I hear that lyric.....THAT'S what I want a heart that beats for YOU.....

And then I read Eze. and Rev. and ...... my heart better beat for You....this is not to be an easy life, my being a rule breaker and a heart breaker is NOT ok...it is what it is but it is NOT OK.....for me.....not my place to worry or judge others but for me...not about me but for me to know...it's confusing and it's not.....
10 X....10 times in 97 verses ... 'Then they'll realize that I am GOD.'....pretty hard headed aren't we...The God of the universe.....creator of Heaven and Earth wants us to know Him.....repeats Himself over and over.....

Sunday reading in Eze. 30"I looked for someone to stand up for me against all this, to repair the defenses of the city, to take a stand for me and stand in the gap to protect this land so I wouldn't have to destroy it. I couldn't find anyone. Not one. 31So I'll empty out my wrath on them, burn them to a crisp with my hot anger, serve them with the consequences of all they've done. Decree of GOD, the Master."....
Standing in the gap, praying for a heart that beats for YOU so others can come to know the amazing Grace that YOU provide through Your Son Jesus.....not about 'doing' about living in the what's been DONE....

I WANT A HEART THAT BEATS FOR YOU!!!

No comments: