Monday, September 26, 2005

Ezra 4; Psalm 113 & 127 ; Luke 9

Ezra 4: 5 They bribed agents to work against them and to frustrate their aims.

Psalm 113: 1 Praise the LORD. Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.

Luke 9: 23Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. 25What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? 26If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. 27I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."

As my husband and I were reading and journaling this morning we began to speak about Ezra 4:4 and the referencing the frustrations or 'distractions' in our own lives. How quickly we can forget who's the Boss... The word 'distraction' has been big to me the last couple of days, recognizing how easily and quickly I am distracted.....the things I allow to come between me and my 'purpose', following Christ....
We talked about the builders and how they would have to have had the plans close by, readily available and be referring to them in the building...in my husbands line of work that information is called 'dope' and I was struck that we have the 'dope' / plans / information to proceed...at our fingertips all the time we just fail to look at it. IF I don't MAKE the time to get up and hear from God, check my 'dope' I am more than usual doing / falling back on doing what I may 'think' needs to be done, more readily distracted.....

This struggle to 'surrender'/ "deny myself"........is legitimate and yet maybe just more 'distractions' keeping me from it?? Or seriously the hardest thing we'll ever do....I think a combination of the two......It is the hardest but once you have come to know the person of Christ through the 'dope' it's all you WANT to do and the distractions keep you from remembering that piece / peace.

This probably makes sense only to me and yet the desire to figure out how my life has fundamentally changed, to know where I'm AT so I can know where I'm going.....it all just seems vitally important right now. The distractions of the physical world are many, the distractions in my personal world are the same and yet the JOB, the PURPOSE, the HARVEST......I don't know I just know that God is LARGE and IN CHARGE and the more I LIVE IN THAT.........

heck the MORE I WILL STRUGGLE.....But what a glorious struggle you know.....

No comments: