Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Haggai 1-2; Psalm 129; Luke 10

I want to say God just leave me alone and yet I don't.......want Him to leave me alone that is.....talking to Dara last nite she challenged me, as she is prone to do, to 'not miss'....to not be a coward....well she didn't exactly say....but that's what I heard......and then I come to work and read all this 'stuff' that challenges me.....Dan has already read for the day and what he has gotten makes me know that I am going to be challenged......so it's challenging being me right now and maybe the point is it's always been and I just haven't faced it.....
Haggai 1: 5 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."
Luke 10: 1After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.
Luke 10: 16"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."
Luke 10: 38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."


So I read and write down the verses that touch me and just when I think I 'know' what it is You are trying to teach me I come to that last story and that is when the tears come.....only one thing is needed. .....sitting at the feet of Christ and listening to what is said.....following Christ....surrendering it all to Christ.....
$$, go to Good Sense this weekend and learn what it is to truly live for Christ in another piece of my life...(surrender all really means all doesn't it?) , really look at the patterns, Give careful thought to your ways....the dance we've done for 25+ years re: our finances......
It's not about what I say or who I say it to...... Luke 10: 16"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me." .....God is God and I'm not, I can only follow Christ and in loving Him...Luke 10: 27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' " I will....it will.....someday I will ........I pray so because this journey to LOVE You is worth taking.......the point of the journey is to want what God wants more than anything.....I want to love without self protecting....and maybe I am learning, will learn......
Again probably makes sense only to me and why do I lay it out here, because maybe someone is struggling like me......or maybe they 'want' to......

1 comment:

HeyJules said...

That was beautiful. : )