Monday, September 19, 2005

"Put legs to it" ....."put some work into explaining what it is that HAS changed"......"your faith can seem shallow"......challenges given to me over the weekend..which brings me here to the computer, a blank page....trying to put into words the changes that You have brought into my life.... It doesn't come...all I see are disjointed and yet connected phrases and quotes and moments....I need someone to make sense of THE most amazing process it can't be left to someone who doesn't make sense???....and yet there doesn't seem to be anyone else...so can YOU work in me to do it????

But all this is too much so I will blog....spent the week with my daughter and Grandchildren... what a blessing the time was . I love spending time talking and listening, see how I put the talking first what if I learned really learned to LISTEN more than talk??

I am so blessed you know.....and the blessings are all from and of HIM...Why can I not clearly express that?? I think I can to YOU.... but my focus becomes expressing it to other people rather than just to You.....

The desire has been in me for a long time to write but the giftedness is not there....The desire has been in me for a long time to have a purpose......I get so sidetracked... couldn't even find the word...but sidetracked is the problem for me...

So where I am is at the beginning...learning yearning to learn what it means to DIE TO SELF .......

"God not only loves me as I am, but also knows me as I am. Because of this I don't need to apply spiritual cosmetics to make myself presentable to Him. I can accept my ownership of my poverty and powerlessness and neediness." Brennan Manning

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Becky...I like the idea of starting at the beginning! Learning to die to self. I have been trying to pray daily for purpose in my life, and like you said it is so easy to get sidetracked...

..."but my focus becomes expressing it to other people rather than just You..."

Somehow I still think that my efforts will bring someone unto salvation...how completely wrong am I...He wants my heart, He will take care of my hands!