Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Esther 1-2; Psalm 150; Luke 17

How can I talk to someone else and see they get 'stuck' in their own thoughts and yet seemingly ignore it in myself?? How can I so desperately want to be loved where I am at and fail to do it for others??

Just a couple of thots rolling around in my head and heart this morning and I come now to being in YOUR word and pray for a soft and teachable heart....Ps 139 : 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 150 : 6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Praise you for my childrens journeys. Praise you for Shoal Creek leading me to a relationship w/Christ that fuels my life. Praise you for the Holy Spirit that guides and convicts me if I slow down enough to listen and follow to place my head, neck and heart firmly where You lead. Praise You for my job and the people / women I work with. Praise You for my husband and our marriage founded now in our relationship w/Christ. Praise You for living in a country of such freedoms and yet responsiblities. Praise You for the seasons, because if it were up to me it would always be summer and YOU in Your wisdom created seasons of birth and living and growth and even dying and waiting. Praise You for my grandchildren. Praise You for churches and denominations and communities of people seeking and growing in You. Praise You for leaders in churches and government and education who shoulder the responsibility of decision making. Praise You for individual hearts and minds to lead and follow at YOUR creation. Praise You for life being a journey and Your word a map for us to follow. Just PRAISE YOU FATHER for EVERYTHING....

Luke 17: 33Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.....The halter whatever it is(see yesterday from a freakin year ago).....see it....put my head and neck and heart into it and leave it there.......The freedom is in the purpose, the serviceAnd then this song just sprang to mind......I want my heart to be wide open Father.....help me in my stubborn disbelief and rebellion......

I am so tired of compromising
I am so tired of lukewarm living
So here I am with arms wide open
Lord here I am, my heart wide open
CHORUS:
Set me on fire
Set me on fire
Set me on fire
Set me on fire

Take this heart of mine
Place your love inside
I want to go against the grain
I want to go against the grain

No comments: