Thursday, January 19, 2006

Genesis 47 & 48; Psalm 10; Luke 19

All I have is PASSION?
Would YOU, could You have gifted, released passion in someone w/o somewhere-somehow to channel and use it??
Is it just MORE stubbornness in me and if I come to You broken can you FIX me?? For once there is nothing I can 'think' of to do and I am having to trust that you will fix me.....

Those are all the questions I have this morning...nothing but passion for YOU, no gifts or talents to use it, not even adequate words to describe it....no way to DO anything with it...and I DO NOT want to get stuck here because...well I just don't want to get stuck again wanting ...whatever.... so.........I don't WANT to be stubborn and willfull......

Genesis 47: 21 and Joseph reduced the people to servitude, [c] from one end of Egypt to the other.....
so Joseph does set up the story of Moses and his deliverance later..... 25 "You have saved our lives," they said. "May we find favor in the eyes of our lord; we will be in bondage to Pharaoh." .....Your plan always Your plan and in this feeling of passion for YOU this morning that is strangely comforting...Like Larry Crabb says.... we gotta come to WANT what YOU WANT more than anything.....more than anything else.......and THAT is the journey and it takes as long as it takes and I am NOT saying I get it, but this morning THAT makes sense......passion and nothing else.....????

Luke 19: Zacchaeus the Tax Collector
1 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man he could not, because of the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way. 5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today." 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, "He has gone to be the guest of a 'sinner.' "
8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount."
9 Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."


Did Zacchaeus know he was lost? He just wanted to see Jesus and yet when Jesus saw him, He called and Zaccheus immediately answered and answered in humility and w/obedience......Why does this passage intrigue me??
Did I know I was lost?? NO......I just had a curiousity about Jesus.........what about other people?? are they curious as well ??

so living in passion about Christ without fully understanding makes me......who cares what it makes me, it's about Christ......just trust and LIVE in that passion..FINALLY... that's the word that comes to my mind finally.... so excited to even have PASSION.....You are what freed it in me, YOU will be what drives it, guides it.........I have to learn how to simply and completely live in the passion???? And You know me and know how hard that is for me????? Psalm 10: 4 In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.....so it is all about making me humble, recognizing MY PRIDE and easing it, breaking it to release passion?????

1 comment:

Melissa said...

"Those are all the questions I have this morning...nothing but passion for YOU, no gifts or talents to use it, not even adequate words to describe it....no way to DO anything with it...and I DO NOT want to get stuck here because...well I just don't want to get stuck again wanting ...whatever.... so.........I don't WANT to be stubborn and willfull......"


That really resonated with me...I feel I'm on the cusp of something, I'm desiring something big...full of passion...living a passion FILLED life, I want the flame, but scared of the burn it will leave...refine me Lord, until my passion burns HOT for you!