Monday, January 30, 2006

"Let her have her pain."....that's what I hear when I think about my daughter moving to LA. What am I supposed to do with that??
I go further in thinking and praying and realize that in pain we go to Him....without pain we go through life thinking we can handle anything and everything.
She is powerful and strong and handles alot, has done and traveled more than many her age and for that I am grateful, but I am most grateful that she knows Christ. That she hit....a wall....bottom.....she in the 'hitting' sought and found her saviour. So for that I am grateful and I know whatever happens she is OK.....
She is a fan of chaos, she creates her share of it.
She is full of intelligence and talent and beauty and is fearless.
She is full of heart and tenderness and a love of God and lost people that is fierce.
I don't want her to go and yet the thought of her not trying is not an option.

I have been hearing 'failure is inevitable, but quitting from now on is not an option.'...don't know if I am hearing that for her or me...
So I am tearful at my desk today, tender and bruised in thinking of her going across the country and yet in the tears and tenderness He is holding her, holding me, holding my whole family and for THAT I am very grateful......

6 comments:

Lyndsey said...

"I don't want her to go and yet the thought of her not trying is not an option." - my thoughts exactly - you put it so succinctly. There is no way I can even begin to figure out what this looks like yet, Mom, but I know that Christ dwells in her heart and she is going to win souls for Him and I wish I were more like her. Love you!

Tom said...

Wow, you mean they grow up and move away?!! Just kidden, the thought scares me silly. Mine are still babies, but I know that day will come for me. I am working on getting Christ into their lives. To know that they have a relationship with Christ has got to be comforting, but I guess God doesn't want us to always be comfortable. Good luck to you!

Jada's Gigi said...

He truly is holding you and yours...success and failure are all the same in Him...all for the grand purpose of revealing His Son in us and in the earth. My children are also moving away..spreading their wings and finding that He is All and in all. I hold you before the Lord today..

Bruce said...

I haven't seen anything new on your daughter's blog in a long time, but I'm assuming she is doing well. My daughter left for college this fall, and it has been one of the hardest things for me to let go of: the fact that I'm no longer there to protect and watch over her. It can only be left in God's hands now. I'll pray for you and your daughter.

His peace.
B~

Sarah said...

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path.

I can not imagine how your heart must feel. I will keep you in my prayers, and remember do all things for His glory.
Love in Christ

Melissa said...

(((HUGS))) Great big ones and a few tear drops...God has got her in the palm of His hand! God will move in both your hearts and plant a seed that will bloom into a magnificent creation of why your daughter is to leave the nest and journey far from home!

It's about the JOURNEY!