I saw this on another blog and thought I would try it so here it goes:
1. Never in my life: do I want to forget all that I know now...all that I have experienced....I don't want to get to a point again where all I think about is ME ME ME and what I don't have instead of all that I do....perhaps doing something like this is just that...hmmm
2. The one person who can drive me nuts, but then can always manage to make me smile: my amazing husband....and you know what... not so much the nuts part anymore but he definitely makes me smile.....
3. High School was: uneventful...I was so clueless about the opportunities out there and being so self focused I only saw what I didn't have and never what I did....
4. When I'm nervous: I talk even more...fact is I lie.....thinking about how whatever could impact me...I just LIE....I hope that changes to when I'm nervous I am quiet.....
5. My hair: gray and getting grayer, while my hope is for it to turn white and glossy.
6. When I was 5: I wanted to be Angela Fisher.
7. Last Christmas: was the best...but I am such a goldfish I always say it was the best when in all actuality it was the last Christmas with my son not being married and for my daughter to live at home...so basically everything changed last Christmas.
8. When I turn my head left, I see: a photo of my Granddaughter and my Grandson which needs to be updated!
9. I should be: out on the motorcycle it is too nice of a day to be stuck inside!
10. When I look down I see: my toes sooo ready for a pedicure and lucky me getting one with my other daughter, the Mom to the Grandkids TONITE!
11. The craziest recent event was: my surprise party given to me by my husband and son and daughter. It was such a cool surprise for me to be loved on so extravagantly! I was so not into being 50 and so determined to let it just go by.....
12. If I were a character on Friends I'd be: even though I am female I would be Chandler always goofy and sticking his foot in his mouth.
13. I have a hard time understanding: why the God of the universe would love us so extravagantly....(oops getting hooked on a word a really bad habit of mine)
14. Take my advice: a seeking heart God never denies!
15. My ideal breakfast is: ideal meaning???......I love donuts....but I know I shouldn't eat them anymore, I should be eating oatmeal.....but a good cream filled Long John ....oh my gawrsh!
16. If you visit the place I grew up: it would be so sad. The town has gone nowhere and is dying. Happens to alot of small towns in Iowa or at least that is my perception.
17. If you spend the night at my house: I would fix you the best breakfast in the morning and then we could sit out on the deck and just eat and drink coffee and visit....
18. I'd stop my wedding if: irrelevant....married for 29 years and glad to be!
19. The world could do without: hatred and abuse....
20. Most recent thing you've bought yourself: some self tanning lotion and I have the orange wrists and knees to prove it!
21. Most recent thing someone else bought for you:I got the cutest memory box from my future daughter in law and a gift card from Beauty Brands thus the pedicure this evening.
22. My favorite blonde is: my granddaughter she is 3 and too cute for words.
23. My favorite brunette is: my son in law....
24. The last time I was drunk was: on a canoe trip in South Missouri......nothing like Peppermint Schnapps around a campfire.....years ago.
25. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds are: elephants and hippos....I don't know why...wouldn't it be hilarious to see elephants and hippos flying ...oh the droppings...Ok maybe what's flying is meant to fly and what isn't...well SHOULDN'T!!!
26. I shouldn't have been: stubborn and self protective and such a fearful... shallow thinker for soooo long of my life.
27. Last night I: got into a great discussion with a couple of gals about GRACE and how it is so hard to understand, so ridiculous and extravagant ( I bet you can figure out where I got stuck on that word) and yet amazing.
28. There's this girl I know who: is my best friend. She and I can talk about, really anything. We listen to each other without trying to FIX each other. She is a gift in my life.
29: I don't know: how I can have any more joy in my life right now, my Husband is incredible and on a journey that blows my mind and makes me want him more now than when we were younger and much cuter. My son is getting married to a girl who is perfect for him, they are perfect for each other and neither of them is expecting the other to make them happy..... My daughter is thriving in LA seeking God with her whole heart and hitting walls and getting right back up again. My daughter and her husband and my 2 beautiful grandchildren live in the same town as us and they too are seeking God with their whole hearts and hitting walls and getting right back up again.....I have an amazing group of women friends that I have so much fun with...I have a church that cares more for lost people and journey's than it does for anything else.....I have a savior who loves me and calls me to love....I don't know how I could have any more joy in my life and I know IF I delight myself in Him there's only more to come.....