Friday, July 14, 2006

Isaiah 19-21 and Hebrews 11


Hebrews 11: 1-2 The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.
3 By faith, we see the world called into existence by God's word, what we see created by what we don't see.

All of Hebrews 11….the race laid out for us…a life of FAITH......the finish line and Abba Father standing there ready to swing us into his arms saying ‘Well done’……like children….we must believe like children……kinda lagging today but still running…..

3 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

funny how you're never out of the race unless you remove yourself...your brothers and sisters can drag you along when you aren't able to walk much less run...I hope you have sisters and brothers around you who will do that for you...I know I will...

karen said...

Hebrews 11:3...one of my faves...talk about Quantum Physics in the Bible! :-) Thanks, b! Running with you!

Danielle said...

This post is similar to what I wrote about today myself. The faith of children...that joy...so pure and real. How sad we often distort our worship and acts of kindness by our motivation for love. This is what I think about when I read your post. My own motivations. Is it by Faith? Or by desire to be loved and accepted? Could be one or the other or both on a given day.

Great post, Becky. I'm stil reading but have been so swamped at work...haven't been able to comment as much.