Monday, July 24, 2006

Isaiah 40 - 42; 1 Peter 3

What a weekend!! Time on the bike ..... the overwhelmingness of family and wedding preparations.... but the time on the bike seemed to balance everything out for me/us…..not sure if that is good or bad …???...

Praising You for weekends and weather changes (cooler) and family and Dara being home safely from LA for the wedding ….. The wedding is coming up this weekend…..
Praising You for time off to prepare and afterwards to recover….
Praising You for church family who is serving us so wholeheartedly and humbly and humbling us…..so chaos rules this week and in the chaos I can come to YOU….so maybe it doesn’t rule??.....But what does.....?? Perhaps still and always it will be the desire for another persons approval....and yet more and more that seems to be lessening...making me think more about everything .....???
What rules your life????
Isaiah 40: 12 Who has scooped up the ocean in his two hands, or measured the sky between his thumb and little finger,Who has put all the earth's dirt in one of his baskets, weighed each mountain and hill?

Isaiah 40:25 Look at the night skies: Who do you think made all this? Who marches this army of stars out each night, counts them off, calls each by name—so magnificent! so powerful!— and never overlooks a single one?

Isaiah 40: 31 But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind.

Isaiah 42: 5-9 God's Message,
the God who created the cosmos, stretched out the skies,
laid out the earth and all that grows from it,
Who breathes life into earth's people,
makes them alive with his own life:
"I am God. I have called you to live right and well.
I have taken responsibility for you, kept you safe.
I have set you among my people to bind them to me,
and provided you as a lighthouse to the nations,
To make a start at bringing people into the open, into light:
opening blind eyes,
releasing prisoners from dungeons,
emptying the dark prisons.
I am God. That's my name.
I don't franchise my glory,
don't endorse the no-god idols.
Take note: The earlier predictions of judgment have been fulfilled.
I'm announcing the new salvation work.
Before it bursts on the scene, I'm telling you all about it."

1Peter 3: 13-18 If with heart and soul you're doing good, do you think you can be stopped? Even if you suffer for it, you're still better off. Don't give the opposition a second thought. Through thick and thin, keep your hearts at attention, in adoration before Christ, your Master. Be ready to speak up and tell anyone who asks why you're living the way you are, and always with the utmost courtesy.

2 comments:

karen said...

I love how you always praise Him for everything. You remind me to do that all the time. Thanks, B!

Jada's Gigi said...

Our God reigns!!
Have a wonderful week with your family and wedding festivities and craziness!