Friday, August 11, 2006

Jeremiah 7-9; John 13

Woke up this morning with a headache and a sense of ugly fear and dread. My daughter is flying out on British Airways this morning on her way to South Africa via Heathrow Airport in London..... I prayed this morning to ‘hear’ really hear…..

I immediately 'heard.....' 'PRAY about everything and worry about nothing"

As I began my readings I hear:


Jeremiah 7: 21-23"The Message from God-of-the-Angel-Armies, Israel's God: 'Go ahead! Put your burnt offerings with all your other sacrificial offerings and make a good meal for yourselves. I sure don't want them! When I delivered your ancestors out of Egypt, I never said anything to them about wanting burnt offerings and sacrifices as such. But I did say this, commanded this: "Obey me. Do what I say and I will be your God and you will be my people. Live the way I tell you. Do what I command so that your lives will go well."


and


John 13: 34-35"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."

And then I come to work and this is in my inbox:

Daily Meditation for August 11, 2006
written by Henri Nouwen

_........................................................._

Trusting in the Fruits

We belong to a generation that wants to see the results of our work. We want to be productive and see with our own eyes what we have made. But that is not the way of God's Kingdom. Often our witness for God does not lead to tangible results. Jesus himself died as a failure on a cross. There was no success there to be proud of. Still, the fruitfulness of Jesus' life is beyond any human measure.
As faithful witnesses of Jesus we have to trust that our lives too will be fruitful, even though we cannot see their fruit. The fruit of our lives may be visible only to those who live after us.

What is important is how well we love. God will make our love fruitful, whether we see that fruitfulness or not.

sigh..........what an Amazing God you know???

7 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Peace be unto you my sister, not as the world gives but the peace of He who IS Peace.

kpjara said...

What wonderful peace our GOd alone offers, resting in His peace...

Bek said...

love when we HEAR....thanks for your comment on my blog today - it really encouraged me - blessings to you.....

Bar L. said...

**Sigh**

rebecca said...

As faithful witnesses of Jesus we have to trust that our lives too will be fruitful, even though we cannot see their fruit. The fruit of our lives may be visible only to those who live after us.

This message is not preached enough...thanks for sharing..

becky

RusticateGirl said...

I hope all goes well with your daughter, I'm sure she'll be fine! My husband just returned from Korea today and it was pretty uneventful, all things considered. Will keep her in my prayers.

Danielle said...

Hey Becky,

I'm just now getting home from Rwanda. We had to connect through Heathrow. I hope all went well with your daughter. We were there on Saturday. It wasn't too much of a zoo. I hope your daughter did okay. I read that many flights were canceled on Friday. : (

We got to travel with a few items in ziplock bags. On an odd note, a lizard (LIVE) made it all the way back to California hidden inside my suitcase. It jumped out this morning when I unpacked.

Not sure how security missed that one!

Please give us an update on how she faired.

~Danielle