Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Job 16; Acts 21 - 23

(New International Version)

Have you ever thought about your own stubbornness?
I am looking at mine today because I saw Paul’s and Job’s friends so clearly (or judged them as stubborn) and I am finding if I see it so clearly in someone else it probably means I have it……
So stubborn as to not even being able to relax my own body in illness or stress….
So stubborn as to not be able to be coached or taught anything by anyone….
So stubborn as to not even be able to ‘hear’ anothers opinion…..
So stubborn as to miss relationships because they don’t look like I THINK they should look….
So stubborn....
Not looking at what motivates it because for today that would just be justification because of how I am feeling and what I am finding is that IF I look at it……simply and completely look at it... what I find in it is His GRACE, He loves me stubborn or not....so not to abuse GRACE and continue in IT…but to IN His GRACE maybe change…….
Stubbornness…..
Main Entry: stub·born (1) : unreasonably or perversely unyielding : MULISH (2) : justifiably unyielding : RESOLUTE b : suggestive or typical of a strong stubborn nature 2 : performed or carried on in an unyielding, obstinate, or persistent manner 3 : difficult to handle, manage, or treat synonym see OBSTINATE -

Maybe Paul's stubbornness was just conviction.....but mine I think right now or in the past.... just stubborn......

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Yes, I have thought about my own stubborness...about an hour ago :) I am still thinking of it so am glad I opened your blog. I do have to say those mules are cute. I'm the one on the left in the back that's trying to look innocent.

Jada's Gigi said...

every negative trait has a positive flip side...I know I can be stubborn as a mule...until I get crushed...then sometimes I learn...a little..but there is also a benefit to being resolute...God can use that..once stubborness is broken in us...He has a way of re-making and re-shaping everything...