Monday, November 13, 2006

Job & 40; 1 Corinthians 13 & 14

Went back and read some old posts…revisiting the journey. It’s so rich and full of ups and downs…highs and lows…..revelations and memories…..but it IS a journey and this morning I am immensely glad of that.

The weekend was golden the word I can’t seem to shed. Time spent not as I EXPECTED and yet filled with moments I would have missed if ….if…it HAD been what I expected. I missed THIS…..Kerry Livgren from Kansas with his new band Proto Kaw …you know it may not be streamed yet check for the service 11/12 and hear them…so amazing they allowed us to stream it…his story…is amazing……

I want so badly to live a life in Christ……that goodness...sweetness of life, a life spent loved and in love and loving.... I WANT it and can trust that in my wanting….in the seeking of Him…..in my accepting that I AM accepted….it will come, is coming….

1 Corinthians 13: 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


And the message translation: 8-10 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

And just try to read Job this morning and not be awed…..What an amazing God….
I know ...........you know…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know those ostriches - they live down the street from me at my favorite zoo :)

So glad you had a good weekend! I love Kerry from Kansas and will checkout his new band - do you know if John Elefante is in it too? I LOVE HIM.

I love what you wrote here, I want this too! It truly is a journey, a curvy road with dips and ruts but so many lovely places along the way!

"I want so badly to live a life in Christ……that goodness...sweetness of life, a life spent loved and in love and loving.... I WANT it and can trust that in my wanting….in the seeking of Him…..in my accepting that I AM accepted….it will come, is coming…."