Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Psalm 149; 1 Corinthians 15 & 16


AVOIDANCE
DENIAL
MANIPULATION
RESENTMENT

All the above words are ways I have dealt…deal with disappointment. My daughter is trying to... learning to LIVE with it…..I hope all my children are to be honest. I hope I can….am….will. 'Dealing with' versus 'LIVING with' disappointment……I think…..I think there is a BIG difference. I pray to learn it…..


NIV Psalm 149 : 4 For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.

Humility leads me to accepting that I am accepted……a constant remembering THAT acceptance keeps me humble….in the humility I am awed more and more by a God of such detail……a God of such mercy and grace…a God who allowed…no sent His son to die for me…..Humility lets me see that for what it really is…….I pray to in learning to LIVE with disappointment….or maybe it IS humility that will guide me to LIVING with disappointment???

MSG 1 Corinthians 15: 1-2 Friends, let me go over the Message with you one final time— this Message that I proclaimed and that you made your own; this Message on which you took your stand and by which your life has been saved. (I'm assuming, now, that your belief was the real thing and not a passing fancy, that you're in this for good and holding fast.)

MSG 1 Corinthians 15: 34 Think straight. Awaken to the holiness of life. No more playing fast and loose with resurrection facts. Ignorance of God is a luxury you can't afford in times like these. Aren't you embarrassed that you've let this kind of thing go on as long as you have?

MSG 1 Corinthians 15: 50 I need to emphasize, friends, that our natural, earthy lives don't in themselves lead us by their very nature into the kingdom of God. Their very "nature" is to die, so how could they "naturally" end up in the Life kingdom?

NIV 1 Corinthians 16: 13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.
MSG 1 Corinthians 16: 13-14 Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you've got, be resolute, and love without stopping.

So these are my ponderables today….and...
it all comes down to LOVE….simple and in it’s simplicity I complicate it over and over again…….

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

worth noting that our natural lives don't lead us into the kingdom of God...thank goodness for His Holy Spirit who does...who has planted that very kingdom inside of us so that we can be led from the inside out...
1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
thank you Lord, for your spirit inside us...living, moving and having being...
this disappointment thing is very hard to swallow...especially if you cannot accept that God is sovereign and in control of everything...and loves...