Monday, November 06, 2006

Job 30; Psalm 120; Galatians 3&4

At my church it is spoke of in JOURNEY language the whole of our spiritual life IS a journey isn’t it…??…the first journey is earner to heir…
the toughest one you know….the first step so to speak….believing that we NEED a savior…seeing ourselves as really simply being about us and needing to be about something bigger than ourselves…seeing myself as even needing a map, needing help……seeing my need of a bridge…I mean I saw that illustration but I didn't understand it you know...I didn't get it.....….earner to heir……we can’t earn our way into heaven we get to go because of our saviour Jesus Christ….. and the coolest thing is once we ‘get that’……that we can’t EARN our way and we humble ourselves to accepting what He already did……..we are heirs…….we are HEIRS....

Galatians 5: 26 - 29 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And once we are heirs, like all heirs we receive…..Galatians 6:6-7 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

With being an heir comes the responsibility of learning to live in the FREEDOM that comes with this……not under religion or rules but in and under Christ…..it doesn’t come easy……but it does come….because He is God and I’m not and the more I remember that and that He loves me I just want more and more to KNOW HIM….and in the knowing of Him and His freedom comes…... well comes more complexity because simple is always complex don’t you think???
If we KNEW how to live in the simple….. but our thoughts make it complex……. our thoughts because we don’t know or understand or without FAITH trust His….???
Now...how to exercise my freedom and vote........nothing easy about it remember but we do have the freedom to do so......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S IT, I'VE HAD IT! I AM MOVING THERE TO ATTEND YOUR CHURCH!

I just looked at their site (which I do often these days) and saw the "Behind the Music" series. DANG! I want to go!

ok. off to read your post now. this is the first time all day I've had a minute to read!

Barbara