Wednesday, May 16, 2007

1 Kings 1; 1 Chronicles 28; Psalm 91; 1 Thessalonians 5

This morning in reading there is this picture in my minds eye…..I am a sheep don’t get me wrong I KNOW this to be true but as a sheep I still see this picture.
1 Thessalonians 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
This life is a battle……we are at war…..IF God is for us who can be against us YES but still and all this life is a battle. Just now coming out of a meeting finding out the spouse of a workmate is dying and soon to a computer screen filled with photos of a friend of mines brand new Grandchild.....this life is a battle....
I am an EMT……protected and in the field identifying the wounded….not diagnosing or attempting to heal….just in the fray with eyes to see the wounded, and aren’t we all wounded some how……and as an EMT the only thing I can do is take those that I find to You…the Great Physician……
This morning this picture was so clear as Dan and I were talking I know how often I have tried to HEAL and prolonged the suffering…..or fearfully filled with panic run away from the wounded and gone somewhere and licked my own wounds rather than stay in the fray….seeing that cowardice I am not frozen in even more fear…..seeing that cowardice I see how I have nothing to offer and yet as an EMT……I can bring them in prayer to You…..hard to verbalize and yet I wanted to try…..
The wounds that KILL us are head wounds…..my thoughts are now protected with and by thinking of and on this AMAZING God who loves us passionately…I mean read this Psalm…..91: 14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

He loves us and desires us to LOVE HIM and in that love there is much ….....
enough I get all muddied and overly ….

today…..with eyes of LOVE I am going to just in prayer take the wounds He shows me to Him…….and of course would love your prayers for my own wounds…..because this life is a battle.....

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

There is a verse in Job I think that says He rescues even one who is not innocent...isn't that amazing?? I'll be praying for your wounds...He is the rescuer...that's just what He does...