Monday, July 16, 2007

Isaiah 25 - 28; Hebrews 13

Hebrews 13: 1 Keep on loving each other as brothers. 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

So many gaps to close….so many ways to look at the gap as failure….so many others to criticize rather than looking at myself…..to look at myself and allow God to change me….

to train, how to train to love others…??..entertain strangers, why that’s crazy don’t you know the world we live in now??

The gap for all of us as followers of Christ ,ok for me…..the knowing separated by a lack of doing…

He says to do it and I ask HOW or question what does He mean or justify why I can't, couldn't, wouldn't shouldn't...?……He says to do it and I say I can’t.....and it’s not just me I know that…I know we ‘all fall short’ I know that…..but the things I know are by far outweighed by what I don’t know….and rather than focus on Him and seeking ways to maybe DO what He says I hide behind …nobody else does….or He’s already DONE it …I hide behind that??

instead of resting in that…..resting and allowing Him to DO what He does best change us…..through His love I am changed, being changed….sometimes too fast and other times not fast enough??...

I don’t even know how to rant you know. Others write scathing condemnations or politicacally correct satires of churches and hypocritical Christians forgetting that He says judge not lest ye be judged for a reason. He watches us pick at each other and criticize and critique each other rather than just seek to somehow... some flippin way follow Him…..and even if we don’t write it we’re thinking it…thinking this or that Christian has it figured out or so they think and this or that Christian is so far to the left of to the right or …..He watches us and …and what this Church says He will wreak vengenance on us…this one says He just loves us and waits….this one says…..

See what I know is far outweighed by what I don’t know and yet what I know…keeps me….seeking to know and follow Him…..

Ok emotionally driven rant over…..I hate that that is inside me but it is…and just need to lay the mess that it is out……I am a mess…plain and simple…a mess….

Hebrews 13: 20 May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2 comments:

jennypo said...

I love that you begin and end with Scripture. It so ties up our loose, unravelled thinking, doesn't it? It lets you go out and ask all the scary questions and put all the failures and confusion out there, because you can come back in out of the wind and rest in what HE says, who HE is...
Thanks, I'm learning from you.

Robert said...

I also love that you lay out Scripture so we can take it in becky i will make a new post to answer your question you put to me on my blog I am so much like you in what you say about knowing inside yet emotionally it gets choked and convoluted because im a mess praise God He leads me to go to Him more and more regardless of the mess i am thanks for sharing and encouraging becky as always