Thursday, August 02, 2007

2 Kings 21; 2 Chronicles 33; John 4

Well….I did it….’spanked’ the mountain. Well I sort of ‘spanked’ the mountain….Hey you know what I finished well…..that’s what I did, maybe not pretty or quick but to my mind by the Grace of God I finished it well and more importantly everyone did, all 11 women and it was incredible….I did it with my Daughter in Law and with a sweet gal who is like a daughter…I followed a woman who led incredibly well, I watched her feet and knowing ‘her pace’ recognized this was the pace of a woman more concerned with 10 other women getting to the top….we had times together in conversations that still resonate in me….it was an incredible experience and one of my ’take aways ‘ sitting outside our house on the deck in the evening was God has given me an incredible structurally sound body and I need to figure out how to get it in a shape that honors what He gave me…not to be obsessed with it but to somehow someway figure out how pursuing the hard ( a recent revelation being , my lack of willingness to pursue anything hard) would or could help me to regain a fitness my body currently lacks. I don’t know and one of those things the more you say it out loud the more it seems as though you should DO something….and the cool thing for me is it did begin as a prompting from God. Talked to some of the women about my dream and that too can become overwhelming real ….I keep thinking He equips the called more than calling the equipped. IF I’m wrong about that …break it to me gently….

Ok this is weird…woke up thinking about Disney and the insidious influence it has….not ALL in a bad way but really let’s look at it….Are you watching all the kids who grew up in the Disney stable….Britney Spears, don’t you just want to hold her face in your hands and say ‘wake up sweetheart, your life is not about living for what people think. You have an awesome chance to turn your life around and ‘…of course I want her to find the God that loves her so much. God who created her with all this talent and she’s just so lost right now…..having lived her life ‘entertaining’, what now….and Lindsay Lohan you just want them to know they are MORE than what they do or have done.

And then the whole of the Disney Princesses, seemingly so innocent in epitomizing ROMANCE and the danger that can create for new generations…..I don’t ....just weird that my whole life what seemed so innocent now reeks of a certain amount of danger….I’m not saying Disney is bad, our lack of vision and dependency on someone else’s vision seems to be the danger and without Christ what is our vision on? With Him it’s a constant straining to see that which He eludes to…..and in the straining we find Grace and challenges we don’t, can’t see without Him.

2 Kings 21: 21 He walked in all the ways of his father; he worshiped the idols his father had worshiped, and bowed down to them. 22 He forsook the LORD, the God of his fathers, and did not walk in the way of the LORD…..
If my kids walked in my way where would they end up? Being all about them and struggling to get all that they wanted all the time, I wonder if it was that different then? The idols I worship, how important it is to ‘fit in’ , to succeed…..

Before there was a lot of ‘forsaking' of the Lord and I didn’t even know it.

How did I come to know it?

And now am I walking in the way of the LORD??

How do we know when and if we are?

We can even as Christians get caught up in all sorts of stuff that isn’t, because we can think we are …?

I mean IF we are really walking in His way what would it look like, would there be a falling away from Faith?? Then are we so much more following religion, what our church or leader says we have to do? I believe in church….but IF I believe more in Church than in Christ I get in trouble….how do we make that switch?? This is twisted you know…..and I think there are a lot of us that get twisted and don’t know how or where to go to get straight…..what is straight anyway?? Whoa the air must have been really thin and I’m maybe just still oxygen deprived

John 4: 13 Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4: 29"Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ
?"


And there’s where the ‘switch’ is I guess…a face to face with Christ…..where He sees or you realize He has seen everything inside of You and calls you still….

1 comment:

holy chaos said...

wow! what alot to chew on!

i read the one after this and part of this one

"he equips the called"

i love that!!!!

have you read a book by JOyce Meyers called "Feel Great look great?"

just read the inrto...