Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Jeremiah 1&2; John 10

New furniture and I really like it, off of craigslist.com so I really loove the price. Now to find Dan a chair....my living room is becoming very shabby chic and I love it. Thank You Father for providing everything You provide! Feeling very blessed this AM and grateful.
It is so as simple as this past Sunday drama ~ we follow, charge even, obeying / focusing on Christ and then BOOM a rebellion in my own heart and running away~ less running away? less rebellion? Less seeking of and following worthless idols, digging my own well? And then I read:
Jeremiah 2:13 13 "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
Less.....
Jeremiah 2: 23-24 23 "How can you say, 'I am not defiled; I have not run after the Baals'? See how you behaved in the valley; consider what you have done. You are a swift she-camel running here and there, a wild donkey accustomed to the desert, sniffing the wind in her craving— in her heat who can restrain her?
Is that me? Is even my dreaming w/You more of running away? From what I SHOULD be doing.....How will I know the difference?
Running away versus running to....
I don't know that I have ever run toward something...
If I turn my face to God....Jeremiah 2: 27....They have turned their backs to me and not their faces; yet when they are in trouble, they say, 'Come and save us!'
John 10
2 X I am the gate
2X I am the good shepherd.....me, I am a sheep...follow the shepherd as I am in the pen protected.
Jesus my shepherd ~ went where the lost were or just where He was they were?
In His encounters ~ He knew their stories ~ I don't and can only BE curious and I am...all of a sudden very curious...He didn't judge not condemn but in knowing them, their stories forgave...IN curiousity DISCOVERING their stories and pointing them to God they/we find forgiveness, in turning our faces to God we are forgiven...
He wasn't out to FIX...or His love just did or.......
To follow Jesus...

Just for today ~ thinking on and being filled with gratitude for YOUR LOVE...follow, give me eyes, ears and heart to do this Please..
from Dan Allenders The Healing Path.....To follow Jesus is to disturb, draw and direct others to the Father...and
Speaking truth in love is simple and requires our very life and soul. More often than not it is merely saying to the emperor, "You are buck naked. Where are your clothes?: It is not difficult to see areas of failure in others, but it requires a kindness and depth of participation that may cost us the relationship if we speak. The difficulty is rarely in knowing what to say, BUT in saying it with a heart that grieves for the other's pain and depravity and DREAMS FOR THEIR freedom and glory.
Seems to fit today.....be grateful for this new curiousity and follow it.......

No comments: