Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Job 15; Acts 19 & 20


A group of 11 from my church and 17 from 2 other churches are flying right now to South Africa, specifically to land eventually in the village of Bhukwini. I would ask your prayers for them and the organization being developed to help the villagers through an entire strategy and all the organizations out there that do much MORE than talk about things. I hope and pray that is a place God is taking me and somedays I actually believe that the lethargy with which I have experienced or approached things/situations in the past is being replaced by a ‘call ‘ to action. I wonder if the lethargy simply and completely masked a jealousy of those who move….Until then though I do pray for all those who answer higher callings and DO amazing things to advance causes or get right down in the trenches and help people. It is daunting to think about and yet inexcusable for me now to NOT think about it. Go here again today or explore the links at Lubabalo or go to...(I could list off pages of organizations looking for volunteers or financial help) and see what what you can do NOW.

Acts 20: 19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews. 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.
22 "And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

I don’t have a clue about that kind of life. But then look at Paul, until God struck him blind did he? A life saved from where we stubbornly head by a God who sees ahead of us. A life lived in gratitude for that saving and in the gratitude grows a love that we never knew. He is ahead and behind and I pray for the wisdom, the perserverance, the obedience to complete the task He has given me…testifying to the gospel of God’s grace. I wonder if it is really that simple?

2 comments:

Remnant Sons MC said...

deciding to be intentional about our actions and presence...

untill we decide that default mode is not stealth, we will get what we have got...in-effectiveness

so i go said...

praying right now.. thanks for sharing this.