Thursday, October 25, 2007

Job 16; Acts 21 - 23

Worship

Main Entry:
1 wor·ship
Pronunciation:
\ˈwər-shəp also ˈwȯr-\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English worshipe worthiness, respect, reverence paid to a divine being, from Old English weorthscipe worthiness, respect, from weorth worthy, worth + -scipe -ship
Date:
before 12th century
1chiefly British : a person of importance —used as a title for various officials (as magistrates and some mayors)2: reverence offered a divine being or supernatural power; also : an act of expressing such reverence3: a form of religious practice with its creed and ritual4: extravagant respect or admiration for or devotion to an object of esteem

Just something I am thinking about. When I worship, is it because of what He’s done or because of who He is? What or how would I change IF it was simply because of who He is?
So Job and Paul……worship for who You are or what You did?
I gotta believe in the midst of such stuff as I can only imagine it was for who they KNEW YOU TO BE……

The tension of how to praise and worship You and not be thought of …….dang…WHY do I continue to care what others think……tension….

No comments: