Friday, November 16, 2007

2 Corinthians 3 – 6


If Yours weren’t NEW every morning, I would be stuck MORE than I already find myself. Stuck without seeing that needing keeps me from giving, feeling let down from seeing how many I let down, feeling bound and not living in the freedom I have.....Going to revisit Jeff’s prayer…..
God, I have trouble focusing. My head is all scrambled.It is because of this that I write. Somehow, here, I am at peace. Some window is opened, and words are released. I can concentrate. So, I offer these words as a prayer:
Help me to be a man (woman) after your own heart. Allow me to see life through your eyes today. Please give me ears to hear. Show me where to walk. Right where you would. Teach me the best way to comfort those who are hurting and alone. Direct my attention to the downtrodden, so that I can love them and serve them with abandon. Remind me today (and every day) that it’s all about Jesus. Simple as that.
Because when I get that, I relax. I’m easier to be around, and I love better.The trivial starts to fade away. I worry less. I obsess less. I complain less. Help me to be the Church; without judgment, criticism or hypocrisy. Make me more forgiving. More graceful. A better listener. A better friend. Allow my rhythm to be slower; my pace, enviable. Remind me that in your eyes, the playing field is leveled. I’m not the star. I’m only as loved as the next one. But oh, how loved I am. Amen

2 Corinthians 3 :1 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? 2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 4: 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
There’s much more in here for me today and I would imagine any of us who walk the tightrope of living a life of faith….so today I am going to pray to be centered in You and in experiencing that centeredness that surrender remember...….and believe that what You say is true.

4 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

what a beautiful prayer...its so good too to be reminded that what is seen is temporal...actually not even real...cause His realm..the unseen is what is eternal...what is really real. Lord, help us to really see and to remember what we have seen of You.

holy chaos said...

". Remind me today (and every day) that it’s all about Jesus. Simple as that.Because when I get that, I relax. I’m easier to be around, and I love better.The trivial starts to fade away. I worry less."


so very true!

so i go said...

been thinking a lot lately about 'abiding'.. how hard that is for me.. and your word 'centered' fits it well too. it's not easy when the knee jerk reaction is to reach for the quick fixes that the world offers. thanks for this post and for reminding us of the freedom in Him that is oh so available and well within our grasp.

Melissa said...

Oh Becky, as I read, tears running down my face, aching, needing, hoping...praising...He is sufficient, and how loved I truly am, beyond measure...oh what a glorious and wonderous mystery the sovereignty of God!