Thursday, January 24, 2008

So it’s not about us…..where we’ve been we can use to share with others? I don’t know anything anymore….for sure, like I thought I did before. But in Your protection thinking about things is different now, it’s more prayer than obsessively thinking….it’s more about what You may or may not want than about me just doing the same things over and over…..??
This reading and journaling thing and sharing my thoughts here has grown my relationship with someone I can’t see or touch……but there are moments when I feel the protection, or is it that now I just KNOW and trust that it’s there, because when I don’t feel it, I will have to remember it……hmmmm
*God speaking to Moses and Aaron, well 1 time in these 3 chapters to Moses AND Aaron, mostly to Moses.
*Each time Moses prays to God the plagues to stop and each time God hardens Pharoahs heart.
*Telling Moses and Aaron to tell the people to ASK for silver and gold from their Egyptian neighbors/masters…..what a time of obedience? Because what a crazy thing to think about asking, the people who have oppressed you all this time...asking them for their silver and gold……
Every bit of it proving to them that God’s in charge……Moses to know that God was going to each time harden Pharoahs heart……how not to just want to run away…..and say ‘what the heck are you doing here and why do I have to be a part of it’…or at least that is what I’m pretty sure I would have done…would I now, coming to know You through reading and journaling through Your word….I really don’t know, I know I would want to NOT but would I?

Luke 24: 30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Luke 24: 45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
It’s so much more than I can ever explain and the thing is my explanation does nothing for anyone else. To obey, to believe and trust and be obedient to You, IF I could do that what would be the need of explanation. To follow where You lead THAT’S where I’m at and in this moment it FEELS like enough.

No comments: