Monday, November 14, 2005

Psalm 149 ; 1 Cor. 15-16

Psalm 149:1 Praise the Lord...
It was a great weekend w/MY GIRLS. We had so much fun and I was able to at one point share what YOU have done in my life, a pivotal moment that CHANGED my life.... and it was a natural place and not forced and yet looking back, I of course perceive myself as having done poorly in expressing it. But BUT BUT .......1Cor. 15: 37When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.
...So maybe all I was supposed to do was what I did???? I hope so.....I tried very hard to just 'serve' them, to focus on Christ and pray in my head and heart all the time...just serve them, just listen, just LOVE them......so we had such a good time!! There was food and crowns and scepters and pens w/crowns that lit up!!! WE love bombarded each other, we took a personality test and spent a couple of hours just talking about that. We watched the power point w/ all OUR songs ...THEY LOVED IT.....we opened the box of questions and spent hours listening to each others hearts.
There is just one gal.....who steps on everyone and cannot allow the attention to be on anyone else and that got trying. I know it's a hole....I know WE can never fill it....I know I see alot of me in her and just want to take her aside and say......I don't know what I'd say but I am sad for her, to not be able to see how much she TAKES from people and I KNOW because of how much I took, can still TAKE from people. Looking to people to fill me up instead of You.....But how do I talk to her? How do I challenge her need to be the center of attention?? Do I?

There is pain in our little group and we went WIDE but due to her I think we did NOT go deep, it was unsafe. Is it my place....to in this group try and create a safe place?? I don't know....I just know I with them, in all areas of my life I HAVE TO FOCUS ON YOU....I am neither omniscient or omnipotent no matter what I may have thought or think. You know and I am only to follow.

I have a friend, going in tomorrow for an MRI checking out a lesion on her pancreas.....I am neither omniscient nor omnipotent but I am scared.....1 Cor. 15: 55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. and 1 Cor. 16: 13Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14Do everything in love.
It's all about you Jesus...I HAVE to remember THAT...

No comments: