Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Genesis 25&26; Psalm 6; Luke 10

Genesis 25: 28 They answered, "We saw clearly that the LORD was with you; so we said, 'There ought to be a sworn agreement between us'-between us and you. Let us make a treaty with you 29 that you will do us no harm, just as we did not molest you but always treated you well and sent you away in peace. And now you are blessed by the LORD."
(
I'm not good about summarizing the background go read it in context)

The Lord recognized by them....feared by them.....but not worshipped.....they had their own Gods? But they still respected the LORD......they didn't KNOW Him, they knew enough of Him to be respectful......I don't know just......strikes me as real??? as funny?? as sad??? makes me curious...what do people think about us who have faith?? What I feel sometimes 'they' think ... I am dumb.... stupid..... simple.....that I'm prideful....I feel judged and I in turn judge...... I feel scared and yet safe...no...not safe...I feel protected...???....???

Luke 10: 2He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves...

16"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

Yes...yes...yes... protected but no promise of authority or personal success (see brokenness post w/ Nouwen devo)......it's all about Jesus and the sooner I wrap my brain around THAT the sooner I can 'move' when I hear move and the quicker I will HEAR move.... or......????

And then it comes full circle I can't know KNOW any of this unless I am simple and childlike..... 21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. 22"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
23Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. 24For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."


Confusing isn't it???? And yet very intriguing...come on admit it!!!

No comments: