Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mind and Heart Struggles

The whole loneliness thing....in looking at it this morning.......it again comes down to... 'Where's my faith?'......

This journey isn't about me getting what I want is it? It's about getting to and where He wants and for all my saying THAT'S what I want......I still and always will want what I want....

1 Thessalonians 5: 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
12 Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Yesterday struggling with mind and heart and here he says protect both.... covering the heart with the breastplate of faith and love.....and the mind, protect it with the hope, the knowledge of my place is protected in my faith, my belief... my knowing Christ .

Not very encouraging when I get lonely and I get lonely when I am not getting my way?? And here the call is to encourage and build each other up.....to be joyful always...to pray continually...to give thanks in all circumstances BECAUSE He is making me, taking me where He wants me to go......hmmmm....alot to think about......alot to process.....alot to understand.......PRIDE says 'get it ' NOW......I believe what Ecc. 7:8 says The end of a matter is better than it beginning, and patience is better than pride..... so I probably better learn me some patience.... What an amazing God you know!!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I too have been feeling very lonely, and I call it what it is, Satan whispering in my ear. Then I still feel lonely.... So thanks for this post... much needed

Bar L. said...

This is excellent. Can I borrow your brain so I can process things as well as you do? I have a lot to think about and understand too. Keep sharing what's going on inside. And thank you for letting us in on it.

rebecca said...

I have a question, how do you equate loneliness and where is your faith?

Sometimes I struggle with depression and I am told to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ, but if I am honest with myself the feelings are still there regardless of my thinking.

A while back, I was reading Psalm 23 and was blown away by something I had never saw before. In verse 23:3, David says, "he restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name sake."

At times my soul needs restoration, which only Christ can do.

Are you lonely because you are not getting your way or are you lonely?

My heart is with you.

becky

Larry said...

You can't keep thoughts from entering your mind. It's impossible.

What you can do is not hold onto them. Let them pass through like wind through tree branches.

As for Blogs and friendship, well, it's friendship of a sort. Better to share ideas through Blogging and comments than to sit side-by-side with someone who says very little. Do you really need to be face-to-face in order to have friendship? I think not. It isn't as deep this way, but, as my friend Roman used to say, "A little bit of love is still love."

Truth be told, none of us knows anything about relaationships until God teaches us. He starts with himself.

Gigi said...

When I ask 'Where is my faith?'....my asking that is kind of a heart check so to speak...to see if I am manipulating a situation to get what I want more than trusting Him in the whole of being in charge.....

I'm lonely because I am not getting my way....since Christ, turning my life over to Him real loneliness doesn't seem to be an issue.....I use words probably wrong.....but I appreciate your allowing me to try and clarify....thanks becky

rebecca said...

Your welcome. I appreciate your words and answering my question.

I understand now. It is like a battle or as I call it a war within asking what is or what are my motives. I have that all the time. I believe it is a good thing.

becky

Bruce said...

I love the fact that we are to encourage one another BECAUSE we are created to live together with Christ. We are all here to lift up one another, to stand in the gap for one another, to sometimes just listen to one another. Blogging is a strange world, eh?

B~