Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The sandpaper analogy I don't think I knew how spot on it was......in reading Deitrich Bonhoeffer's Life Together our chapter for tonite.....

The Christian, however, must bear the burden of a brother. He must suffer and endure the brother. It is only when he is a burden that another person is really a brother and not merely an object to be manipulated.

I'm not sure how clearly I 'get it' yet but you can surely feel when God is trying to impress on you SOMETHING and these last days that is the feeling. That there is something I am missing or stepping around in the journey........not from someone telling me I am missing a mark but by this internal pressure....the Holy Discontent perhaps??? Because after all the justifying and excuses, the lamenting of NOT being understood....it hits you.....how many people have had to 'bear with' ME......
Thank heavens for the Cross you know....the forgiveness ...the grace....so I step willingly into the falls and become DRENCHED myself and in that process perhaps I can drench someone else......but how scary you know......I guess it is the whole of being 'wrecked' without being wrecked .......Seeing yourself as you really are and being wrecked about THAT but also KNOWING the forgiveness that awaits you and not just walking around wrecked........

For discussion, won't say where I got the quote but it intrigued me and wondering what your thoughts are:
Americans have a phobia about making commitments to truth.




I bet the way I write you wouldn't have a clue of how much JOY, how much fun there is my life.....I am not serious.....well....I am serious, that is about how funny I am, but not a serious person.....well I crack myself up sometimes. I can't think of anything right now but believe me when I tell you I am a funny gal......ok seriously I can't think of anything right now, this minute but I am very funny.....NOT that this was in any way a funny post ...why don't I just stop for now and come back later and SHOW you how really funny I am!

5 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Yes, I see...funny pic. :)

Jada's Gigi said...

BTW I think I get what Bonhoffer is trying to say...and he is so correct....we NEED each other...we desperately NEED the body of Christ. We need them in our lives and in our face....they are the tools Christ uses to mold us into His likeness...even more than circumstances...human beings whom we have to love, have to deal with, have to put up with....Hooray for the early church who didn't have the option of choosing a different "church" to meet with. They were stuck with each other...like a family...it really is true that a brother/sister isn't a brother/sister until he has dragged you to Christ and you have done likewise for him/her.

karen said...

Love that pic!!

jel said...

that is a funny picture

Sarah said...

I needed some humor today... thanks