Thursday, May 18, 2006

We Shall MORPH Indeed!!

So at Women's Group this morning we are reading through Ephesians and today in E:4 God wants us to grown up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love--like Christ in everything . We take our lead from Chirst, who is the source of everything we do. 16 He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God and robust in love.

Those words......in love....robust in love....healthy in God....like Christ in everything......and more..... 22 Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything--and I do mean everything--connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life--a God-fashioned life, 23a life renewed from the inside 24and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you.
25 What this adds up to, then, is this: no more lies, no more pretense. Tell your neighbor the truth. In Christ's body we're all connected to each other, after all. When you lie to others, you end up lying to yourself.


No wonder there's this battle in my head, you can't live one way for 50 years find out it's wrong and in and under your own power CHANGE....He is trying to change me.....He is guiding me to change......and we're all connected.......and we're all gifted in different ways to bring this amazing way of life into a focus here......all of us able to reach and speak differently into situations and love people DIFFERENTLY and yet in and of the same purpose........and.....no matter what I think I know I don't know enough to do it, any of it without Him...because without Him I'm gonna do what I used to do....living counterintuitively takes FAITH........ hmmmmm......what an amazing God you know....giving each of us whatever He needs us to have to grow....to be....to become....to be used ......knowing each of us so well and what we need to grow His kingdom.......at the beginning of this chapter is Paul telling them..... I want you to get out there and walk--better yet, run!-on the road God called you to travel. I don't want any of you sitting around on your hands. I don't want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes nowhere. 2And mark that you do this with humility and discipline--not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, 3 alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences.

5 comments:

Bar L. said...

Oh Becky. I am crying as I read this:
we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything--and I do mean everything--connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it!....

Well the whole post spoke to me. I am saving it.

M. C. Pearson said...

Wow...yeah. The quick at mending fences is something I'm guilty of not doing. I hold grudges...ug! I have to humble myself so much more. Thanks for a great post. Oh, and thanks for visiting my Bible Study blog, Seek and Ye Shall Find! I'll put you on the Fellow Seekers Links. :)

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

It's a great thing to be humble. By being humble great things can and will come your way. We do have to remember that offenses are a choice. You have the choice to be offended or hold a grudge. So don't make that choice. Choose to be humble, and forgive those things.

Danielle said...

Becky,

I am truly enjoying your sensitive journey. You got it...you SO got it. We hunger for Him and we are so powerless against His love, His constant pursuit of us.

I am enjoying your surrender!!! We cannot CHANGE without the Holy Spirit...gotta plug in...we're no where without Him and no where without each other!

Danielle

Bruce said...

"And then take on an entirely new way of life-a God-fashioned life, life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you." Sounds a lot like transformation, not conforming, does it not? Thanks for the words here and the discussion on my blog.

B~