Monday, November 20, 2006

Matthew 5-7

I don’t have it figured out….
The loneliness sometimes is my fault and sometimes seems to take me closer to You…

I want to never BE lonely
I want to never BE thought of as weird

And more and more I feel the loneliness and the weirdness…..
And in the loneliness and weirdness the desire to run comes back…..

And then….the beatitudes are todays reading….

This desire and yet fear to live naked……Matthew 5:16 …..By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

So maybe the things I have fought my whole life are what I am…….

2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Awful isn't it to learn that who we have always been may possibly be part of who He wants us to be....scary even...but all things within His yoke...I'm thinking a lot about yokes these days....

Robert said...

very thought-provoking bjk.... by being totally open about who we are and how we struggle might very well be just exactly how He wants us!!! I spend so much time desiring to be free from fear, pain, restlessness of feeling underachieving.... BUt if i was to no longer have any of those struggles, what would drive me to Him deeper and deeper??? maybe just maybe He uses the struggles to lead me and others to know we yearn foe Him so much more??? Hmmmm presson bjk good stuff :)