Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Leviticus 20 - 22; Acts 20

There is nothing so healing in all the world as real presence. Our real presence can feed the ache for God in others. ~ MacRina Wiederkehr

Maybe a time in the quiet will help me to be present...maybe being…present to YOU will help?? You know my heart, my disappointments right now…..my want to pull my head out of Your hands….and yet I don’t really want to…..it’s real confusing Father and yet or but or ……..just with my head in YOUR hands a being present to YOU guiding me to being present for others?

Acts 20: 24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.
32 “And now I entrust you to God and the message of his grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those he has set apart for himself.


So in the quiet…….I feel this…..but telling others how does that fit with ‘humble honest reply’?

35 And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”


A.W. Tozer wrote:
To speak of being near to or far away from God is to use language in a sense always understood when applied to our ordinary human relationships. A man may say, "I feel that my son is coming nearer to me as he gets older," and yet that son has lived by his father’s side since he was born and has never been away from home more than a day or so in his entire life. What then can the father mean? Obviously he is speaking of experience. He means that the boy is coming to know him more intimately and with deeper understanding, that the barriers of thought and feeling between the two are disappearing, that father and son are becoming more closely united in mind and heart.
So when we sing, "Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord," we are not thinking of nearness of place, but the nearness of relationship. It is for increasing degrees of awareness that we pray, for a more perfect consciousness of the Divine Presence. We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts. (Tozer, The Pursuit of God, pp. 61-62)

There is a great difference between wanting more of Jesus vs. letting Jesus have more of you. A thousand pangs & prayers of "Jesus I want more of You." , are fruitless compared to one act of surrendering more of ourselves & our lives to Him. And nothing can match the rewards of God-friendship & life exchange which stem from the insane act of absolute surrender. The most dangerous men to the kingdom of darkness are not men who simply want more of Jesus, but instead are those who want Him bad enough to surrender themselves to Him fully in order have that longing fulfilled….Uprising

Utah teen shooting
Philly murder suicide
Teens beating teens
Boy threatens Grandmother over food
School threats


You know you just look at the headlines just from today… and know……..know……
if I don’t focus on YOU on Your love and in that love love others…..there is just so much lostness and pain and hurt and hurtful out there…..so another day inthequiet praying……. listening

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

today's headlines are atrocious.

I love what you said here, this is so valuable to me right now:

There is a great difference between wanting more of Jesus vs. letting Jesus have more of you. A thousand pangs & prayers of "Jesus I want more of You." , are fruitless compared to one act of surrendering more of ourselves & our lives to Him

holy chaos said...

so hard to surrender yourself to Jesus...