Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Leviticus 23 &24 ; Psalm 24; Acts 21

So last nite we go to Lynz and Paul’s house where they have been entertaining Jared and Allison. And we are invited for dessert…not much out of the ordinary…..we’re eating a pineapple cake and all of a sudden there is some secret code word, they all start singing Roxanne and put on leis and and……..
I still don’t get it. I mean our anniversary in April has already got a ‘trip’ planned around it what the??? And I am handed an envelope with an itinerary inside for a week in Hawaii on the island of Kaua’i……..I cannot believe it, Hawaii….Kaua’i??!

I couldn’t even sleep last nite for thinking about being IN Hawaii….the blessing of my husband alone is staggering, to be married to him for 30 years and MORE in love with him now than then…MORE because of Christ, I know this. I know that both of us seeking to follow Him has changed us….is changing me, with my head in His hands surrendered whatever happens is His will and for us to be going to Hawaii…..I’m just stunned…..and it’s hard to not wonder IF things weren’t so good would I still……
From His word I KNOW no matter what He is good….no matter what in His grace I am protected……IF something…WHEN something happens will I remember?? Please remind me.

Psalm 24 ~ A David Psalm
1-2 GOD claims Earth and everything in it, GOD claims World and all who live on it.
He built it on Ocean foundations,
laid it out on River girders.

3-4 Who can climb Mount GOD?
Who can scale the holy north-face?
Only the clean-handed,
only the pure-hearted;
Men who won't cheat,
women who won't seduce.

5-6 GOD is at their side;
with GOD's help they make it.
This, Jacob, is what happens
to God-seekers, God-questers.


7 Wake up, you sleepyhead city!
Wake up, you sleepyhead people!
King-Glory is ready to enter.

8 Who is this King-Glory?
GOD, armed
and battle-ready.

9 Wake up, you sleepyhead city!
Wake up, you sleepyhead people!
King-Glory is ready to enter.

10 Who is this King-Glory?
GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies:
he is King-Glory.

The simplicity 'God-seekers, God-questers.' and yet the reality that seeking You and Your will is HARD, especially when we ‘think’ we are or have been…..seeking You, surrendering to You….is just not NATURAL it is supernatural and yielding to that is counterintuitive, to a life lived in the NATURAL about ME.... when the supernatural is about YOU…..


I don’t ‘get it’ and yet lately the placing my head in Your hands, being a sheep of YOUR pasture is something I can wrap my brain around, my heart…..so I seek YOU and YOUR will and fail and in the failing there is YOUR GRACE which makes me want MORE and MORE and MORE….it’s just weird, and I wouldn’t know any of it were it NOT for seeking You and through Your word ……..it’s just supernaturally weird……

Acts 21: 12-13 When we heard that, we and everyone there that day begged Paul not to be stubborn and persist in going to Jerusalem. But Paul wouldn't budge: "Why all this hysteria? Why do you insist on making a scene and making it even harder for me? You're looking at this backward. The issue in Jerusalem is not what they do to me, whether arrest or murder, but what the Master Jesus does through my obedience. Can't you see that?"

See….it’s not about us but about OUR obedience. To hearing and being responsively obedient, not worrying about what someone else heard…not trying to tell someone what I heard but in the moment, with my head in Your hands, my heart seeking Your heart….choosing to BE OBEDIENT….like I said remind me. But now I'm off to some inthequiet thanking Him prayers and some surfing of the net to learn about where we're going....I know I don't deserve it and yet like Grace it's mine .....I don't understand Father but I do give You so much Thanks and Praise for the journey, the GRACE You shower us with as we seek to surrender to Your will.....Happy Valentines Day YOU are LOVED!!!

3 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

OMW how wonderful!! what a great V Day present!!! What an awesome anniversary gift!1 You're gonna have a blast...and if things go good or if not..you will remember the Lord. You are His...that's what we do...enjoy!

Robert said...

excellent thougts becky!!!! The question you asked me on my page??? I am being pierced to the very core thinking it through, it hit home immediately thank you for the prayers I wantto HEAR HIM!!!! I also wantto want to obey wish it came so much easier than it does

RusticateGirl said...

wow, Hawaii! hope you have a blast