Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Nehemiah 1 & 2; Psalm 133; Luke 22

How’s your heart?
That’s the first question that hit me from my inbox this morning. I ‘think’ it’s ok, the whole of not being able to trust it is sinking in and yet the more I seek Him the more honest I can be about what IS going on in it, in my thots.
Nehemiah, seeing the distress of the people and praying and being drawn to rebuild. I can’t help but ‘feel’ that the eyes and hearts God gives those who give their hearts to Him through faith in Christ begin seeing the distress of the people. Different eyes for different people. Some are given hearts for mission work, some for the church, some for wounded people…or at least that is what I am telling myself. This heart I have suddenly for hurting women it HAS to come from Him……will I, am I listening and if and when I hear will I move…..I don’t know it sometimes seems like it, but others I just seem ‘pregnant with ideas’……
Luke 22: 45 When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow. 46 "Why are you sleeping?" he asked them. "Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation."
Don't know anything about this author or this book, but this quote really resonates with something in me today, nourished by our hunger.....It is in this desert, as we wander together as nomads, that God is to be found. For it is here that we are nourished by our hunger. ~ Peter Rollins, How (Not) to Speak of God
So, to pray today. To listen…..to move ????
How's your heart?
A trip to blogs I read...brings a heaviness of heart.
Encouraged to pray this weekend for a heart that is broken....
To live and work through a breaking heart
In the breaking is all sorts of stuff I want to DO to stop the pain
But what I have to do is work...so to pray AS I work
brainhell....dying of ALS....big prayers for him to ...just prayers for him as he endures...

No comments: