Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Leviticus 1 - 3; Acts 13

I have people around me in various places of pain. I don’t want to fix them any longer, I see their pain and know I can’t take it on, I know I can pray for them, I know that somedays that’s enough and other days it’s not (to me) , I know that I am supposed to follow and I know that somedays following is easier than others, I know I have wanted to BE perfect and that in failing I quit......I sure think I know a lot don’t ??
The truth is I am finding more and more how very little I do know. And yet that little I do know keeps me seeking You. The truth is there are a lot of people with pain and YOU are going to do what YOU are going to do and I am simply and completely supposed to follow…and when I do the blessing is witnessing something I’ve lived my whole life NOT seeing.

Acts 13: 38 "Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39 Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses. 40T ake care that what the prophets have said does not happen to you:
41" 'Look, you scoffers,
wonder and perish,
for I am going to do something in your days
that you would never believe,
even if someone told you.'"
Living with limited vision…

I have had and will continue to have ….only YOU see the whole picture.

7 comments:

rebecca said...

I liked your wording of
I know. I know. I know.

sometimes even when we know we don't know. paradox

keep seeking

becky

Melissa said...

Fixing people, or their pain, yes...instead of sitting with them and feeling their pain and letting pain lead us to communion with Him!...thinking I need to be a form of perfection, yes...especially once I prayed something through...think it automatically should be fixed...praise Him who has the broad and pure vision for me!

Micah Hoover said...

Thanks for posting this.

My favorite part:

"I am simply and completely supposed to follow…and when I do the blessing is witnessing something I’ve lived my whole life NOT seeing."

rebecca said...

I just read being posted as stirring you up. How do I stir you up?

I truly do not mean to if it causes too much?????

smiling,
becky

Micah Hoover said...

Throwing bricks ... stirring up ...

Clearly we have a lively bunch here.

so i go said...

"The truth is I am finding more and more how very little I do know. And yet that little I do know keeps me seeking You."

ahhh.. if only we'd all get that. i know i don't. somehow i wake up each morning with the best of intentions, but then slip into my pattern of knowing-enough-to- remain-self-sufficient.

today is a new day, though.

Heidi said...

What an awesome post and how true it is. so Clearly put.. I'm glad you had visited and I know I have, I'll be back and even added you to my blogroll. :)